Wednesday, September 23, 2020

The mu editor for python programming

 In the early days of my Python adventure, I used IDLE, Python's integrated development environment. It was much easier than entering commands into the Python shell, plus I could write and save programs for later use. I took some online courses and read many excellent books about Python programming. I taught teachers and students how to create turtle graphics using IDLE.


IDLE was a big improvement, but at PyConUS 2019 in Cleveland, I saw a presentation by Nicholas Tollervey that changed the way I learned and taught Python. Nick is an educator who created Mu, a Python editor specifically for young programmers (and even older ones like me). Mu can be installed on Linux, macOS, and Windows. It's easy to use and comes with excellent documentation and tutorials.


references:

https://opensource.com/article/20/9/teach-python-mu

No comments:

Post a Comment